Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Grilled Okra

When selling okra, we often get the question, "how am I supposed to cook this?"  I often reply by giving my favorite way to eat okra -- with tomatoes.  Recently, we've had a TON of okra in the garden and I find myself asking, "how am I supposed to cook this now?"  After a quick search on Pinterest, I found grilled okra.  Looking at the picture only, because I hate following recipes, I gave it a whirl.  The result was pretty excellent. 

1.  Cut okra in half lengthwise.
2.  Thread okra onto skewers.
3.  Sprinkle with salt and creole seasoning (recipe to follow).
4:  Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side (until crispy, but not burned. . . just keep an eye on it).

**I liked dipping mine in ranch dressing like you would with fired okra. Yum!**

Mr. B's Creole Seasoning

  • 1/3 cup paprika
  • 3 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons dried basil
  • 2 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoons cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon granulated onion
  • 4 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 4 teaspoons granulated garlic

  • Next time you're grilling give it a whirl. It's easy, it's delicious, and by grilling your entire meal, you keep that kitchen a little cleaner a little longer.

    Hope y'all enjoy!

     
    **Also pictured, pimento cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers.**
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment